Happy Earth Day! Beautiful isn’t it? Even if you are super busy today, I hope you can find a moment to give thanks for our blue-green globe. Then resolve to make it better. There are oodles of things you can do, but here is my short list. The good news? You don’t have to do it today (great, if you can). You could turn it into an Earth Day weekend. Or an Earth Day year. Really every day is Earth Day. If there are children in your life, involve them in your Earth Day activities too–they will love it.
Earth Day Suggestions
- Plant a tree. Or two. And if that tree is good for bees and/or pollinators, even better. See my article, Want More Flowers? Plant a Bee Tree, for ideas.
- Start a compost pile. See my post, How a Compost Pile Saves the Planet.
- Plant some flowers, and focus on those that are really good for pollinators. Check out our “Flower Power” section.
- Stop using the chemicals. No pesticides or insecticides. They harm our soil, water supply, pollinators, and us. You don’t need them for a great garden or yard.
- Save some bees. See my post, 10 Ways You Can Save the Bees.
- Plant some seeds.
- Build great soil.
- Garden organically.
- Plant a vegetable garden.
- Enjoy your yard and garden.
- Install a water barrel.
- Plan a pollinator garden.
- Go for a walk in nature.
- Bicycle instead of drive.
- Hang a native bee nest.
- Enjoy the outdoors.
- Teach someone how to do anything on this list.
I will be doing some garden clean up, planting seeds, and enjoying the outdoors. What will you be doing today? I would love to hear about it. Enjoy the day!